On Saturday June 28th, I started the final touches. I sewed the buttons to the back. They are just a decoration. I put an invisible zipper in the side seam to make it easier to get in & out of the gown.
Then after looking at it, I felt something was missing. So I added braid to the seams on the straps & top of the gown. What a difference it made! It looked much more finished and professional. I had picked up the braid at the sewing show in April ( www.sewingexpo.com ). It was a beautiful ivory & beige scalloped braid. When I found it, I bought it ‘just in case’ it would be useful. Now I am very happy I did. I need to find the receipt because the business was in Rhode Island and they had many interesting braids and tapes for sewing and for scrap booking. At the same place, I found a twill tape with musical notes on it and created a T-shirt for my nephew Peter.