Another week of sewing under my belt. This week I sewed the bodice together and the bodice lining.
I have decided to put an invisible zipper in the side seam in order to get in & out of the dress. But buttons down the back of a gown are always beautiful, so I did that also. I wanted it to look like that is the real closure. Before I sewed the center back seam, I added button loop near the center back seam. The I sewed the two back pieces together near the edge, as shown below.
By folding the fabric from the left side over to the right, I end up with a button placket that looks like it is an opening.
Buttons will be added:
I had the button loop left over from Leann’s gown and I probably still have enough left for another dress or a nice blouse. That is why I need so much storage for my sewing. I keep the remaining fabric & notions from previous projects, because you never know when you will need them again. (At least, that is what I tell my husband that I need an entire closet just for my sewing supplies.)
Great progress. Next weekend we have a fitting!